Office atmosphere.

Prompts gave me another set of words:
Typewriter, filing cabinet, puncher, clerk, carbon paper, janitor.


In 'office' atmosphere I am there for the past 31+ years. ‌ Typewriters are obsolete things now. I loved typewriters and very much loved the 'electronic type writer' - say some 30 years back. ‌ I owned a typewriter for a few months though I did not type much.
I have clerks under me now, they are called assistants and it is quite irksome to do clerical works some times. ‌ I ask my clerks to punch holes in papers to file them. ‌ Some times I am in so much hurry that I can't wait for my assistants to take the puncher and punch a hole for me!
I remember the filing cabinet room in the personnel department of the automobile industry I worked three decades ago. I was so curious to read the personal data of people working there and particularly the females. (wink)
Carbon paper is another outdated stuff. But I do ‌ remember the Railway receipts and  letters I have written using Railway carbon paper.
I come to  the word 'Janitor' now and to the present times. I consider 'Sanju' our office boy as the best Janitor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading quotations for motivation. Good or Bad?

after all these mad scribblings are about good bad and searches!