quotations




"Do it now" is a nik(c)e quotation. I have postponed and have totally forgotten to do several "do it now" tasks. I wanted to write something on the impact of quotations from learned people in my life. After several postponements I am doing it now!


Quotations, like coffee or tea try to keep the mind active for some time.

A proverb like "Too many cooks spoil the broth" gives me solace when some plan at the office or home de-rails, because of too many discussions and very many information's from all the members. But, "Many hands make light work" proverb is also there. When to use this? May be when the responsibility of work affects all?!



I had saved many quotations for a rainy day in my memory. When I got the rainy day for writing this, quotations did not come back from my memory. So what? "Tomorrow will take care of itself!"

"With age comes wisdom" – When I read this quotation my mind was very much poised, as if I had a special dose of decree coffee with appropriate quantity of sugar. I am a middle age man with enough wisdom. But my boss shut me up: "Out of mouth of babes and suckling's come all wise sayings."




Why boss? – Wife also treats me like a suckling. They don't realize that I am a learned man of 49 years with a fund of experiences.



Wife stands for: worries invited for ever. It would be nice to look in for some nice quotations to over come the wife phobia. Okay let me go to quotations site on the web and pick up some nice quotations. Also let me try what learned people say about wisdom.



Zrooo…m.. over to ww…..World Wide Web to quotations.com.



Here are my picks for wife and wisdom.




Bible, Thirukkural and Bharathiyar – I feel give us short and crisp quotations on any aspect of life. But we forget them when we are in real life.



Bharathiyar says in this new 'Athichchudi,'



Avoid fear.
Leave Resting.
Speak Straight.



But what use? It is very difficult to avoid 'fear.' People with curved speeches or curved people's speeches make us fear. Why should we 'leave resting.'? Relax, when head is burdened!



Oh….Oh…. confused with quotations, instead of getting motivated!


My father-in-law had this piece of advice for me.



"Shave off the bristles every morning. Think that you are shaving off the worries"



Fine. Worries do come. Shave them off. They will grow again. Shave again.



I do the shaving business every alternate day. Ah, that much worry only for me!



To conclude this article, I would like to say this:
"Quotations do help like coffee or tea…but small doses"



Everything will vanish. We will cross all the worries.
Everything is crossed including this plan of writing something on quotations!


http://madscribbler.googlepages.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading quotations for motivation. Good or Bad?

after all these mad scribblings are about good bad and searches!